2015/4/22 Vissel Kobe 0-0 Kawasaki Frontale

Viissel Kobe went into this Group B J.League Yamazaki Nabisco Cup match sitting in second place, three points behind Nagoya Grampus, but having played a game less. With a huge percentage of the possession, plenty of shots and Keijiro Ogawa screwing a shot wide after all the hard work was done, Frontale went home relieved they got anything from this match! Yohei Nishibe in the away goal must have garnered many thanks from his team on the way home!

Once again Vissel manager Nelsinho went with three backs - with Jung Woo Young flanked by Takuya Iwanami and Takahiro Masukawa. Shohei Takahashi and Bueno - possible centre back selectees - were still out, which cut down on the defensive options.

Vissel soon showed that they meant business, attacking right from the kick off and, in the 3rd minute an Ogawa cross came off Ferrugem's head too fast and Marquinhos - unmarked right in front of goal - couldn't get the ball under control as it bounced off his chest.

Moments later Ryota Morioka's long range effort almost caught the keeper unawares, but whistled just past the post.

In the 18th minute, Morioka made space and chipped to Ferrugem in the box. The Brazilian took the ball calmly and had time to spare, but as he put the ball across the goal the defence held firm and the ball ricocheted up and into the keeper's arms.

Three minutes later Ogawa shot into the keeper's hands from an acute angle and then found himself one on one with the keeper a minute later, but Nishibe slid in to deny the diminutive number 13.

With seven minutes to the break, Marquinhos was set racing free but, yet again Nishibe saved well and Vissel had to be content with yet another corner!

As the half time whistle sounded. Vissel went into the dressing room wondering how they would break the resistance of Nishibe in the away goal!

The home team came out unchanged for the second half, and picked up exactly where they left off with more pressure on the away defence but still being frustrated and lacking that final product.

Six minutes after the restart Ogawa sped down the right, beat his defender and slipped the ball back to the onrushing Marquinhos but another last ditch interception saw the ball out for a corner.

Then, in the 69th, the Vissel faithful thought they had the breakthrough... Ogawa robbed his defender, advanced toward goal, rounded the keeper and then saw his shot roll inches past the post after the keeper had finaly been beaten! It was not to be Vissel's day!

As additional time approached, substitute Daisuke Ishizu may well have been celebrating already in his head as he latched onto a ball in the area and pulled his right foot back to convert but, yes, another superb saving tackle gave Vissel another corner and the match ended scoreless, with the home team wondering how they didn't come out of this match with all the points!

Team - Yamamoto, Iwanami, Jung, Masukawa, Shu.Takahashi, Soma, Mihara (Tanaka, 62), Morioka, Ferrugem (Okui, 66), Marquinhos (Ishizu, 71), Ogawa

Photo Gallery

  • 楽天カード(株)
  • 楽天メディカル